Sunday 14 July 2013

Hello All,

Your man is standing on the brink of a very full week. Tomorrow morning I'm off to be inspected by the UK Educational Development Agency with a view to being put on their books. They're offering me a go at taking overseas students round the West End Monday week. It's only £10 an hour, but then you've got to take the opportunities that present themselves, and it'll be useful experience. Wednesday sees me taking some UCL summer school students around, showing them some engineering ventures in the City, some successful and some less so. And then on Thursday and Friday it's the Literary London Society's annual conference at Senate House, where I'm giving a paper on apocalyptic threat in Robert Rankin's Brentford Trilogy (don't be fooled; it's seven novels).

Then, on Saturday, it's the great reading and signing of Death and the City, 2:30 at the Sun Inn, Bethnal Green Road. At least, I'm hoping it'll be a signing! I got so caught up with preparations for the UCL walks and this Tower Hamlets course I'm devising that I ordered the books late. Hopefully the ten I ordered at extra-fast delivery will arrive alright; possibly the other ten will arrive in time too. Who knows? If not, I'll still be doing the reading, and handing out leaflets ...

Nothing like living on the edge, is there?

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy the sun this week and don't get overheated. It's going to be a scorcher on Wednesday apparently, so spare a thought for your humble servant as he pounds the pavements, as well as the hapless students who struggle to concentrate in the heat.

Health, wealth and happiness,

Charno

No comments:

Post a Comment